In this article we will discuss about
- What are Facebook ads
- Prerequisites to start advertising and
- The basics steps involved in creating them,
- Bonus! Links to additional resources are shared for further research.
Let’s get started!
What are Facebook Ads?
Facebook ads are paid messages that help businesses to reach the people who matter most to them. You can add headlines, buttons and many other interactive options to these ads, Display them on a wide variety of platforms, track their performance and even improvise on it.
Here’s an example of a Facebook ad created by Taboola.
More than two billion people use Facebook every month this means, no matter what kind of audience you want to reach, you’ll find them here.
Prerequisites to start Creating a Facebook ad
- Goal/Objective: Why do you want to advertise? What results are you expecting from it?
- Buyer Persona: Details about your target audience like their age, location, interests etc…
- Budget: How much are you planning to spend on Facebook Marketing?
- Content: Photos or videos to feature in your ad
- A Facebook Business page
How to create a Facebook ad in Just 7 simple steps.
Important Information : While following these steps, you’ll notice some additional features in Ads Manager that are not discussed in this article, Kindly Ignore them for now and proceed with these steps. We shall touch upon them in our future articles.
To start off, Login to your, Facebook ads manager and follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Choose the Objective of your campaign
Ask yourself, “what’s the most important outcome I want from this ad?”
It could be driving traffic to your website, downloads of your app, increasing your page likes or increased brand awareness. Once you are clear with this, choose the respective objective from the given list.
Step 2: Decide to WHOM you want to show your ads
Using what you know about the people you want to reach such as age, location and other details choose the demographics, interests and behaviours that best represent your audience.
Step 3: Choose WHERE you want to show your ads
In this step, you can choose to run ads on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience Network by clicking on Edit Placements.
Choose Automatic Placements if you cannot decide where to run your ads (Facebook will do it for you!)
Step 4: Set your Budget and Decide the Schedule for your Ad
Enter your daily or lifetime budget, and the time period during which you want your ads to run. These limits mean that you’ll never spend more than you’re comfortable with.
- Daily Budget: Put Limit on how much you want to spend in a day.
- Lifetime Budget: Put limit on how much you want to spend as a whole for your campaign.
Example: Assume you have 3000 Rs to spend on your campaign & you want to run it for 10 days.
- Daily budget: Enter 300 Rs, Schedule 10 days (start and end date can be chosen)
- Lifetime budget: Enter 3000 Rs, 10 days, Schedule 10 days (start and end date can be chosen)
Step 5: Pick a Format for your Ad
Facebook Offers a wide variety of formats to create your ads, you can choose to use a single image/video or Multiple Images at one shot.
- Upload your Images/Videos
- Write a Text description that clearly tells people about your message
- Add a Call to Action Button
Step 6: Submit your Ad
When you submit your ad by clicking on Confirm , it goes to the ad auction which helps get it to the right people.
Step 7: Measure the performance of your ad
Once your ad Starts running, you can track performance and edit your campaign inÂ Ads Manager and make tweaks and adjustments as needed.
As promised, here’s your Resource List to Learn more!
- Facebook Resources to Learn More about Different Objectives
- Facebook Resources to Learn more about Audience
- Facebook resources to Learn More about placements
- Facebook resources to Learn more about Bugeting
- Facebook resources to Learn more about Ad Formats
- About Ad auctions
- Learn more about measuring the performance of your ad